Jean Childs Buzgo
In January of 2015 we welcomed Jean to the gallery and were charmed with her energy, use of color and most of all, her subject matter. We first saw her work in the 2013 Artsbridge Annual Juried Show, where she took the Postcard & Publicity and Best Contemporary Painting awards. She truly captures the feel of a quiet afternoon in Lumberville or a bustling sidewalk on a Doylestown evening. Jean has established a faithful following among collectors of Bucks County art.
About Jean Childs Buzgo
Jean enjoys painting contemporary street scenes of local towns conveying their charm and quaint architecture. Her floral studies and interiors draw the viewer in for a closer look. Jean’s landscapes feature area landmarks, farms, bridges, and waterways. Her scenes are often described as having a strong compositional serenity paired with energetic brushstrokes. Her brushwork conveys a sense of movement, filling the viewer with the feeling of the wind blowing through the trees, water flowing or the clouds floating by. The use of vibrant color and light effects move your eye through her paintings.
Her studio is in Bucks County, PA where her artwork continues to evolve. Jean is an award-winning, full-time oil painter. Jean received her BFA at The College of New Jersey and graduated with honors with a specialization in packaging design. She won Best Packaging Design in the Student Art Show and Best Portfolio for her graduating class in 1995. For many years, Jean was both an in-house and a freelance packaging/graphic designer for bath, home fragrance and consumer health products both nationally and internationally.
In 2008, Jean decided to pursue her life-long dream of being an oil painter, and began studying with various professional painters in the area. She is primarily self-taught, continuing her learning through daily work in her studio. She was successful exhibiting and selling her artwork in local Bucks County galleries and highly competitive shows. She is a former member of The Artists of Yardley, Artsbridge, The New Hope Art League, New Hope Arts and The Philadelphia Sketch Club. Jean launched her website in January of 2012 to begin showing the full scope of her work online.
Jean Childs Buzgo has completed many pieces of commission work through the years, such as “29 S. Borad Street”, shown here. Please contact the Silverman Gallery for more information.
JURIED SHOWS AND AWARDS
- Philadelphia Sketch Club Philadanco Benefit Juried Show, Philadelphia, PA June 2014
- New Hope Art League’s 5th Annual Juried Show, New Hope, PA May 2014
- D & R Greenway Land Trust’s “Disappearing Waters: Oasis & Mirage”, Princeton, NJ March 2014
- The Lambertville Historical Society’s 33rd Annual Show, “Lambertville and the Surrounding Area” Feb. 2014
- Art & Healing Gallery, 1st Annual Juried Show, Hopewell, NJ Jan 2014
- Stover Mill Gallery 2nd Annual Juried Art Exhibit, Erwinna, PA Oct. 2013
- 84th Annual Phillips’ Mill Juried Art Exhibition, New Hope PA Sept./Oct. 2013
- Friends of the Delaware Canal Annual Show, Rolling Green Barn, New Hope, PA Sept. 2013
- Best Contemporary or Abstract Painting Award in Artsbridge’s 19th Annual Juried Show, New Hope Art Center, PA June 2013
- Artsbridge’s 19th Annual Juried Show Postcard and Publicity Winner, New Hope Art Center, New Hope, PA June 2013
- Artsbridge’s 19th Annual Juried Show, New Hope Art Center, New Hope, PA June 2013
- New Hope Art League’s Annual Show, Rolling Green Barn, New Hope, PA May 2013
- The Lambertville Historical Society’s 32nd Annual Show, “Lambertville and the Surrounding Area” Jan. 2013
- D & R Greenway Land Trust’s “Urban Landscapes”, 11 Pieces, Princeton, NJ Dec. 2012
- New Hope Art League’s Annual Show, Prallsville Mills Nov. 2012
- Artist’s of Yardley’s Harvest Night Show, Yardley, PA Sept. 2012
- Friends of the Delaware Canal Annual Show, Rolling ¬Green Barn, New Hope, PA Sept. 2012
- New Hope Art League’s Annual Show, Prallsville Mills Nov. 2011
- Coryell Gallery’s 30th Annual Show, “Lambertville and the Surrounding Area” Feb. 2009
- Artsbridge’s 14th Annual Juried Show, River Run Gallery, Lambertville, NJ June 2008
- Coryell Gallery’s 28th Annual Show, “Lambertville and the Surrounding Area” Jan. 2008
- “25 Years on the Delaware A Celebration in Art” presented by the Inn at Lambertville Station Oct. 2007
SILVERMAN GALLERY HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE: Home for the Holidays – December 2016 thru January 2017
- November 2016: JEAN CHILDS BUZGO’S 2016 SOLO EXHIBITION: PERSPECTIVES at the Silverman Gallery
- FEATURED ARTIST: September, 2016, Artists Alive, juried show at the New Hope Arts Center benefitting the New Hope Historical Society
- June thru August 2016: American Summer, at the Silverman Gallery
- July – September, 2015: The Silverman Gallery at the Pennswood Village Art Gallery, Pennswood Village, Newtown, PA
- SILVERMAN GALLERY HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE – December 2014
- ANITA SHRAGER & JEAN CHILDS BUZGO, at the Silverman Gallery, September – October 2014
- Caffe Galleria, “Changes”, 13 Pieces, Lambertville, NJ April 2014 Tinicum Arts Festival, Erwinna, PA, July 2013
- Solo Show: The Lambertville House, Lambertville, NJ, May through October 2013
- New Hope Art League’s Small Works Show, Lahaska, PA April 2013 Artists of Yardley Member’s Show, AOY Art Center, Yardley, PA April 2013
- Artsbridge’s Member’s Show, Stockton, NJ Jan. 2013 The Stockton Inn, Stockton, NJ Jan. 2013
- Artists of Yardley Member’s Show, AOY Art Center, Yardley, PA May 2012
- Robert Beck Student Show, Lambertville, NJ 2010
- Robert Beck Student Show, Lambertville, NJ 2009
- Artists of Yardley, River Run Gallery, Lambertville, NJ May 2009
- Artists of Yardley, River Run Gallery, Lambertville, NJ May 2008
What Client’s Say
Amazing, We Highly recommend! My wife has never been happier with our home.
I bought one of Jean’s painting in 2007 for my office. It relaxed my clients and put them in a peaceful mood. We now own three. Thank you!
Let me say something. You captured my home. We moved to Florida two years ago. Christmas just isn’t quite right with palm trees. Your beautiful works have given us a real Bucks County Home Christmas. Thank you